Quality Assurance and QA for short, is an organized procedure of identifying either products or facilities fulfill defined need or not. It is a process to make sure that the firm is providing the finest possible products and facilitation to their clients. It is focusing on enhancing the procedure to provide the best quality products to their clients. It is usually termed as QA testing.
The QA testing procedure has four steps that have been described and called PDCA or Deming Cycle.
Plan: The firm must plan and develop the procedure about the goals and identify the procedure that is essential to provide the best quality product.
Do: Implementation and evaluation of procedure and also ‘do’ modifications in the procedure.
Check: Supervision of procedures, alters the procedure, and identify wither it fulfill the predefined goals.
Act: Carry out actions that are essential to attain enhancement in the procedure.
QA utilizes one of the following methods:
- Failure testing: It constantly test a product to identify if is there any deficiency possible. In the case of tangible products, include testing procedure under heat, pressure or vibration. Whereas for intangible products, include testing procedures that might contain checking the software in load scenarios.
- SPC-Statistical process control: This comprises a statistical methodology to handle and direct the product production. This basically depends on objective facts and evaluations.
- TQM-Total Quality Management: It is the constant procedure of identifying and deduces the error in production, enhancing the client experience and make sure that the works are active and up to speed with training.
Quality Assurance Practices:
- Maintain a powerful evaluating environment.
- Choose relief standards cautiously.
- Implement automated testing to significant risk domains to save costs. It also facilitates to affix the whole procedure.
- Divide time accurately for every procedure.
- It is essential to prioritize error settlements on the basis of software utilization.
- Prepare to devote security and efficient testing team.
- Imitate client accounts identical to a manufacturing environment.
Pros and cons:
- It makes sure that company manufacture and deliver products free from any flaws and fulfill the requirements of clients.
- Good quality products help in attaining client satisfaction.
- High quality of services increases client loyalty.
- It also provides a reduction in cost from protecting the products from faults.
- Quality Assurance needs significant investment in clients and procedures.
- It is a time-consuming procedure that can affect late product delivery.
QA is been utilized to identify either the product manufactures are appropriate for client usage. For this reason, firms must have a mechanism and standards to adapt which has to be enhanced after a certain period of time. It focuses mainly on the product quality or any service or facilitation that has been delivering to the client in the software implementation procedure.